SEO360-搜索引擎优化(SEO)技术联盟-Search engine optimization technology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
最新主题
» 钉子户外 www.dingzihuwai.com
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2016-09-02, 10:43 am 由 Admin

» SEO网页分类与搜索引擎追求的意义
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-11-08, 12:35 pm 由 Admin

» 关键词优化和整站优化谁才是真正的“王者”
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-11-08, 12:35 pm 由 Admin

» 做百度经验的6个技巧
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-11-08, 12:34 pm 由 Admin

» 关键词密度在网络优化中扮演重要的角色
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-11-08, 12:33 pm 由 Admin

» 如何交换友情链接才最理想的
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-11-01, 7:00 am 由 生活的小丑

» 360与腾讯之争的原因:QQ电脑管家
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-10-24, 11:58 am 由 Admin

» 小米和360的微博营销事件详解
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-10-24, 11:58 am 由 Admin

» 去掉360右键一键加速-此等用户体验为哪般?
Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty2012-10-24, 11:57 am 由 Admin

赞助商
关键词

统计

Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin

向下

Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin Empty Calmly degutting pears : A Social Study by Michael Baldwin

帖子  Admin 2012-09-22, 8:51 am

It must have been 4 or 5 years ago when I made a little blog post asking if anyone could remember a poem which had the line Calmly Degutting Pears in it.

The reason I was asking was because it was a poem I had never forgot which we studied when I was in school in the mid 70′s but just couldn’t remember the full title or the authors name.

I initially though it was something like Social Studies by M Baldwin and after lots of digging and searching found I wasn’t far wrong as it was A Social Study by Michael Baldwin (at least I’m 95% sure that is correct)

So why this post now 4 years later?

Over the past fortnight my webstats have revealed a sudden rise in people searching for Calmly degutting pears, Calmly degutting pears Michael Balwin, degutting pears, etc.

I hope the reason for the sudden increase in interest about Michael Badwin and Calmly De-Gutting Pears is because poem is being studied again, please let me know by commenting below.

And for those of you looking for A Social Study here you go;

While my mother ate her heart out,
And my father chewed the chairs
My sister worked in a factory,
Calmly degutting pears

The green ones like spinach,
The yellow ones like sick
She carefully disemboweled,
With a deft little flick

She never seemed to worry,
Or share the family fears
But thoughts like bees were buzzing,
Inside those golden ears

She jilted a tin carpenter,
And then a labeller’s mate
And finally she married,
The man that nails the crate

She had two lovely children,
Called Dorothy and Clem
They’re hanging her tomorrow,
For calmly degutting them

A Social Study: Michael Badwin

Just to add: I have found this great page about Michael Baldwin and a list of his other poetry, short stories and novels here – http://rjdent.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/michael-baldwin/

I’m off now to see if I can track down a copy of Grandad with Snails

This entry was posted in Waffling by Terry Simmonds
Posted on September 8, 2012
Admin
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 326
注册日期 : 12-08-15

https://cnnet.longluntan.com

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限: